Welcome back on Magic Titans dear friends!
This Sunaday the third edition of the Italian Pauper Open has been played, the online tournament organized by Lega Pauper Italia, with the support of Magic Titans, Dungeon Street and ShivanAlteredArt.
20 Players ready to battle through 5 swiss turns and the final top 4 to elect the final winner.
As the other tournaments, also this time there were plenty of well known players, like Crilapeoty and SanPop, and the participation of saidin.raken, the flagbearer of UW Familiars (this is his YouTube channel).
On the Lega Pauper Italia Twitch channel is available the full video of the torunament!
After 5 swiss rounds, the fantastic four are:
Thanks to our sponsors and due to the fact that all entry fees are given back in prizes, the prize poll is absolutely amazing!
After 5 swiss rounds and an hard fought top 4, the winneris SanPop who, supported by his Tron deck, sets everyone behind and brings home the first prize together with the marvelous set of atrworked Kor Skyfisher!
Here are the Top 4 decklists:
1° – SanPop – Fog Tron
2° – Pompelmus – Mono Green Stompy
TOP4 – matt_sziget – Aura Hexproof
TOP4 – CrilaPeoty – Mono U Winter
15 Snow-Covered Island
3 Mystic Sanctuary
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Spellstutter Sprite
4 Ninja of the Deep Hours
2 Tragic Lesson
4 Spire Golem
2 Fathom Seer
1 Merchant Scroll
2 Winter’s Rest
3 Faerie Seer
2 Coral Net
1 Echoing Truth
2 Piracy Charm
2 Winter’s Rest
2 Relic of Progenitus
2 Stormbound Geist
Analyzing the meta share, once again it is possible to notice that the 50% of the players chosen linear and aggressive strategies and, more in general, the 75% of the field is composed by decks which have a beatdown plan as their main win condition. The other 25% is divided between control and combo decks. Another confirmation to the fact that the pauper meta, despite often finding control decks in the top tournament finishes, is defined mainly by aggressive
The most played deck for this edition is Slivers (20% of the field) but, as Affinity in the first two editions of the Italian Pauper Open, none of those made to the Top 4. The other two most played deck are Affinity (None in Top 4) and Tron (one of which made it to the Top 4 and to the final victory); a single player for every other played deck, from tiers like UR Faeries and Boros to niche decks like Jeskai Mind.
Here are some interesting lists played in the tournament:
UW Familiars, played by saidin.raken
Slivers, played by Noctomonium
Jeskai Mind, played by oxenarf
Thanks to Lega Pauper Italia for organizing the event, to for the amazing graphics and to all our sponsors for the awesome prizes!
We communicate that the Italian Pauper Open, born to allow pauper players to play during these hard times, takes an holiday break for the summer. Don’t stop to follow un on our social media pages to be updated about all the future news!
See you soon and, most importantly, Stay Pauper!